Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thing #2: Pointers from Lifelong Learners

The 7 & 1/2 Habits of a lifelong learner includes "creating your own learning toolbox" - Habit 5. My past industry experience's have been creating toolboxes for different learning experiences from specifications of a product to an architect, designer or a client; to teaching sales associates & trainers 20/20 (CAD for cabinetry). This is the easiest habit for me when I plan a new lesson related to Family Consumer Sciences (FCS). I start with the end goal and then build the toolbox needed to reach the goal (TEKS).

The hardest habit for me is Habit 7-1/2 which is play. I am a workaholic! My days include working at school and at home. However last summer all of my hard work paid off at the end of my first year of teaching. I planned a 2-1/2 week vacation for my family which started in London, then on to Paris, next was Frankfurt and last was a week touring Southern Ireland. My family and I truly enjoyed our vacation and the learning experience that we had in traveling through parts of Europe.

No comments: