Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing #5: Flicker

Flicker...
Tags, Groups, Libraries...
Endless Opportunities.
I never really thought about the copyright issue's with using images from Google until I read about the Creative Common Rules. My original visit to Flicker was browsing general files with pictures of Exotic Cats. There was a great picture of a white tiger underwater - very fierce looking. However I was not able to copy and share this with the group because it was copyright protected. I then typed in creative common rules and found a group that had over 23,000 pictures available. Continuing into this site I found a layout of a New York Loft which I can share with my students giving them a better example of a rendered floor plan.

Great resource to be-aware of for creating lessons for our students and for our students to create projects for their classes. I will not only share this with my students but will show my own family this valuable resource for projects that they are working on.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

So not only your students, but your family also will benefit from your participation in 23 "Things!"
Wonderful...

IZ-A-BEL99 said...

Thank you for your encouragement and for reading my Blog. I am working on Thing 11 inwhich I learned that it is important to talk with your readers. I am currently go back through my comments from readers and responding. Thank you again for your support!