Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing #6: Mash-ups and 3rd Party Sites

I really enjoyed playing with mash-ups and other 3rd party sites. My son even played Tagman with me while I was researching the different options. Big Huge Labs has a wonderful program called the Palette Generator where you can select a picture and it will create a selection of color samples that could be used for any type of design. I than played with the different styles of mosaic's that you can create and how it will search Flicker for photo's using tags. Great way to create a quick intro for a lesson. Here is the trading card that I designed to show my design students as an example for a new research project on "Famous Designers". Special note: enter your text first and then upload your picture and your layout will be as selected. I tried selecting the photo first and then entering my text and the layout was not as desired. Always Preview or Edit your post.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it will make it easier for your students as well, when they work on projects using trading cards and mosaics. "Practice makes perfect!"

IZ-A-BEL99 said...

I agree that "Practice makes Perfect!" and will keep this in mind when I am working with my students.