Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #11: LibraryThing......easy search tool.

As a child and a teenager I read a lot of different books however my favorites included the Life Story of Helen Keller, Black Beauty, Charlotte's Web, Nancy Drew's Adventures and Rod Sterling's Science Fiction Stories. As an adult I read books that my kids are most interested in which include the Harry Potters Series (all seven), Angles and Demons, The Da Vinci Code.

However I spend more time reading the magazines that I have subscriptions to which include National Geographic, Smithsonian, Fine Homebuilding, Cuisine at home, etc. All of these subscriptions leads me down a path that interest me personal and professional.

The LibraryThing website is a great resource for those individuals that truly enjoy reading books and gives you the opportunity to discuss your thoughts and write reviews. I have never belonged to a book club and do not feel that I would use this resource as much as I will use Google Reader.

I do feel that this is a very worthwhile site for students to know about to build on their interest of reading.

No comments: