Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards

Exploration of Web 2.0 List of Favorites:
***** Foods: Imcooked & iFoods, offers video's that can be used to demonstrate cooking & recipes that students could prepare in Personal Family Development, Food & Nutrition.

***** Revolution Health = current medical information for Health Sciences, Child Development & Parenting Classes.

***** PBwiki &
Wetpaint = opportunities to create websites for the classroom. Recommend you take a look Jeff Utecht wiki's for ideas on how & why teachers should use wiki's in their classrooms. Jeff serves as the ambassador to Wetpaint, here is the link:
http://wikisineducation.wetpaint.com/page/Wetpaint+Education+Ambassador. Also, I found the ANATOWIKI which is packed with information that can be used in our Health Science Medical Training programs.


***** Mango Languages = My opportunity to learn Spanish at home on my own schedule. Not a lot of $$$$$ and you get to select what to learn. (Please note that the district offers great classes on teaching Spanish to it's employee's, however with my family's needs and changing schedules I miss to many classes to benefit from the training.)

***** Kayak = Lots of travel options. Last summer I used this website to locate travel arrangements for my family to Europe (London, Paris, Frankfurt and Southern Ireland).

***** Craigslist, a new way to search for services in your area.

In addition to finding new 2.0 sites I learned how to link my blog to the sites, don't you think that it is about time, it only toke exploring 19 things to get to this point, maybe we need more basics included in the beginning or our adventure!

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

Very interesting favorites, thanks for pointing them out...