Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #20: YouTube, TeacherTube, Zamzar

A Moment of Truth........Lost in Cyberspace.......



The video that you have just observed from YouTube is how I felt starting this exercise. However after much review about Html codes I was able to figure out how to embed the video for your enjoyment. My past experience with YouTube has been with my own children, they select funny videos to share with me, I had not thought about how I could use this technology in the classroom. I was not aware of TeacherTube which I know will be handy in the classroom. Below is a video that I found that will help my perspective student teachers understand learning styles.



I also worked a little on Zamzar, I have not mastered this site but will keep trying. I would recommend that everyone takes a look at Bloom's Digital Taxonomy on Blinkx. The video is an updated version of Bloom's Taxonomy for the Digital Classroom. I also visited Andrew Churches wiki space and found that he has posted PFD Files for rubric's that we can use to teach our students about Web2.0.

NEW at Teachers Tube!
  • Private classroom environment - Other blogging sites make anything you post available for the world to see... With ClassPress, no one outside your class can view or participate without your permission!
  • Personalized blogs - Add pictures, videos, polls, and more to your blog!
  • No advertisements - Free blogging sites have ads that slow down and distract from your blog... ClassPress has no advertisements!
  • Unlimited student accounts - Let all of your students from all of your classes have a blog! No e-mail address is required for students.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

You found some great videos, especially the Bloom's update. Hopefully you will continue to use these sites to locate videos that meet your various needs.

Keep on exploring your "Things" you are almost to the finish line!

VWB said...

zamZar is really easy...contact our office for help because it is a great way to get those YouTube videos inside the district.
(the request for conversion does have to be done at home)