Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing #21: Podcast......and more.

This exercise was so much fun that I have spent the past six hours searching Flickr Creative Commons for photo's for my Photo Story. The inspiration for this podcast is the first project that I have my design students create. They are given set criteria to find photo's in magazines that represent items that inspire them and tell me a little bit about themselves. In the past I show them a poster that I created and explain what each picture represents and how it relates to me. How fun would it be for them to be able to create a Photo Story from the Internet that would introduce their creative talents to the class.

I hope that you enjoy the Photo Story, let me know what you think! (Help Please.......When I view this on my blog it does not play........can anyone help me fix my mistake.......uploaded from my computer........Thanks!)



Once my photo story was complete I signed up for an account with Switchpod and uploaded my Photo Story as a podcast. My podcast is: What Inspires You? which includes photo's, text, transitions and music. Please note that when you click on the above link it ask you where to save the file. It placed the video feed in my bookmarks in the top tool bar. I was able to play it from that location. If anyone can explain why the system does this I would appreciate your feedback!

PS - Not ready for video camera and microphone - will work on this with my Ready Set Teach students this fall.

2 comments:

VWB said...

Not sure I understand the problem...it played for me from the little screen...maybe you fixed it before I saw it.
If you are still having problems get in touch with our office and we will see about them.

bookeatersclub said...

I also viewed it without a problem. You did great, keep going you are almost there...